Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File Set and Compression

2009-04-03 20:10:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] File Set and Compression
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:02:59 -0700
Greetings,

I posted this a bit ago, but didn't receive a response, so thought I
would try again...

I would like to have most of the jobs I run to be compressed and put on
disk, but I want the daily incremental to be put on tape, which means
letting the hardware do compression. It looks like the only way to do
this is to define a separate FileSet for the jobs done nightly than for
the jobs done weekly. However, I'm pretty sure that this will mean that
the daily is truly a separate job, and will not recognize the weekly
full backup as the same job, even though they are the same files, and
will thus not 'reset' every week to the current weekly backup, and will
continue to indefinitely do incremental to the full set it will want to
do when I start the bacula daemon. Is there any way around this, or
should I just move entirely to disk?

cheers,
maria