Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] strange problem using Concurrent Jobs

2009-03-30 11:41:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] strange problem using Concurrent Jobs
From: JanJaap Scholing <janjaapscholing AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:38:06 +0200
Hi,

Solved the problem. :) Bacula only runs jobs with the same priority concurrent..

Regards

Jan Jaap

From: janjaapscholing AT hotmail DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:07:30 +0200

Hi,

I have a strange problem using Concurrent Jobs.

I'm using disk storage for normal jobs (approx 80 jobs each night). This jobs are migrated to tape after 3 days. No problem, bacula uses max 8 jobs to run concurrent at night.

Every morning at 8 all the jobs are ready and bacula is idle. At 11 the jobs are migrated to tape and 2 hours bacula is done migrating the jobs.
And at the same time (11 o'clock) another job starts backuping.

This job spools data to disk and writes is to tape when it's done spooling. This job is very big (800 Gb) and is spooling for 20 hours. No problem at all.

But, when I want to restore a job from the disk storage when the big job is running the restore jobs gets the following status in bacula: "waiting for higher priority jobs to finish"

The running backup has prio 10 and the restore job has prio 1

What do I wrong? How can I get bacula to run the backup and restore at the same time?

Overview of concurrent jobs in bacula:

bacula-director.conf

Director {
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs       = 15
}

Job{
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs       = 1
}

Client {
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs       = 8
}

Storage {
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs       = 8
}

bacula-sd.conf:

Storage {
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs       = 8
}

Both the version of the director and storage daemon is 2.4.4

Regards

Jan Jaap

Ook nieuwsgierig naar de nieuwe Messenger? Download 'm hier

Plan je feest, nodig mensen uit en deel je foto's met Windows Live Events