Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula 3.4.4 upgrade problems.

2009-03-30 07:56:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula 3.4.4 upgrade problems.
From: "Kelly, Brian" <Brian.Kelly AT uwsp DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:40:41 -0500
I recently upgraded from 3.4.2 to 3.4.4 and have noticed the following.

1. I have phantom jobs running when I do a status on the director after a
full night of backups. Even though a job is listed as running for a
particular client. The client shows no running jobs when a status client
command is issued and the storage server shows no jobs running. I am unable
to cancel the "running" job. There are no entries in the bacula-dir.log for
the supposedly running job.

2. When I do a ps on bacula-dir there are multiple instances of the director
running.

root     17120  0.1  0.4 261400 17104 ?        Ssl  Mar29   0:58
/prod/bacula/sbin/bacula-dir -c /prod/bacula/etc/bacula-dir.conf -u root -g
bacula
root      6144  0.0  0.3 1129596 15844 ?       S    Mar29   0:00
/prod/bacula/sbin/bacula-dir -c /prod/bacula/etc/bacula-dir.conf -u root -g
bacula
la-dir.conf -u root -g bacula

3. If I try to exit bconsole it will hang.
4. I can't stop the director without a using kill -9 on all running
bacula-dir processes.

I've never noticed multiple instances of the bacula-dir running prior to
3.4.4. All of these symptoms seem to revolve around the recent upgrade. Any
help in understanding what could be causing this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Brian Kelly