Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] My Backups are BIGGER Than Your Backups

2009-03-29 20:32:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] My Backups are BIGGER Than Your Backups
From: mehma sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:27:41 -0700

SWAGGER

Yes, I mean to swagger here. I am migrating to Bacula and just the mail and user directories are about 690 GB. I expect our full dataset to backup will end up in the 30 TB range.

REASON TO SWAGGER

I am looking for anyone else in the same boat. Looking for hardware which will support this kind of capacity. Anyone have experience with an array solution they like or dislike? Anyone out there? I like FreeBSD but if someone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

I LIKE HORSES

I am off my high horse now and back to the ground. I'd love to share any pains or gains encountered during the next few months. This migration is taking place now and will last for about a year. Please drop me a line and we can talk.

--

Yudhvir

NICS IT Manager

831 459 4020