Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Howto limit job concurrency on individual tape drives within a library

2009-03-28 04:01:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] Howto limit job concurrency on individual tape drives within a library
From: "Paul Hanson" <paul.hanson AT espida.co DOT uk>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 07:25:48 -0000

Currently we have an IBM TS3200 working very well over fibre channel and has two Ultrium 4 tape units. If I set concurrency to two (2) then both tape units can work fine. However, if only one tape unit is in operation and two jobs start for the SAME tape pool, then the jobs are interlaced and I would prefer the jobs to be ran sequentially.

What options do I have for controlling concurrency to get the best from the two tape unit library??

Regards

***Disclaimer****

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such information.

The Waterdale Group (3477263), comprising of CPiO Limited (2488682), Ardent Solutions Limited (4807328), eSpida Limited (4021203), Advanced Digital Technology Limited (1750478) and Intellisell (6070355) whilst taking all reasonable precautions against email or attachment viruses, cannot guarantee the safety of this email.

The views expressed in this email are those of the originator and do not necessarily represent the views of The Waterdale Group

Nothing in this email shall bind The Waterdale Group in any contract or obligation.

For further information visit www.waterdalegroup.co.uk