Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] What could be writing outside "working"

2009-03-24 07:22:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] What could be writing outside "working"
From: Johan van Vliet <baculaml AT itmon DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:00:40 +0100
Hi,

I have been using bacula/SQLite for a couple of months now (almost a year)
and it has been running fine up till a week ago. I run a schedule of:
daily incremental
weekly (sunday) differential
monthly full.

On March 1st I upgraded my OS (OpenBSD 4.3 build as a flashboot image) to
OpenBSD 4.4 (also flashboot)

Since then my differentials (incrementals are fine) fail. They result in an
SQL error causes by an disk/IO error. When I run dmesg on the bacula machine
apparently the disk was full:
uid 250 on /: file system full

However I have configured bacula to use working on /mnt/archive. So it
should not even try to write in /. The /mnt/archive (I know: bad name) has
plenty of space (30% in use)

What could be writing outside of /mnt/archive/working ? I can only find one
reference to /tmp in the config file and that is for a restore job. Not the
case here.

It is possible/likely that my Old 4.3 ramdrive image had a bit more space in
/.

Extra info;
Hardware : PC Engine (so no memory upgrade possible)
OS       : Flashboot (mindrot.org) OpenBSD 4.4 (so ramdrive OS)
Bacula   : 2.2.8 (latest OpenBSD)
Database : Sqlite
Storage  : File (USB disk mounted at /mnt/archive)

$ df -h
Filesystem     Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/rd0a     19.3M   16.0M    3.3M    83%    /
mfs:18385     14.5M   10.1M    3.6M    73%    /usr/local
/dev/sd0a      458G    131G    305G    30%    /mnt/archive
/dev/wd0a      3.7G   13.5M    3.5G     0%    /flash

J.