Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bat help files

2009-03-23 13:04:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bat help files
From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:42:10 +0100
* Kern Sibbald schrieb am 23.03.09 um 16:42 Uhr:
> Hello,
>
> It appears that the bat help files are not getting properly installed -- at
> least in version 2.5 (I never really thought about it in 2.4.x).  Can anyone
> tell me what is the default location that applications such as Bacula are
> supposed to install their help files?

Are you talking about man-pages under linux?

If yes it is /usr/share/man/man<man section>/<manpage>.<man-section>

Sections (copied from wikipedia ;)):

Section Description
1       General commands
2       System calls
3       C library functions
4       Special files (usually devices, those found in /dev) and drivers
5       File formats and conventions
6       Games and screensavers
7       Miscellanea
8       System administration commands and daemons

Other help files would go to /usr/share/doc/<package-name> in debian
based distros and to /usr/share/doc/packages/<package-name>/ in Red
Hat or SuSE for example.

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134