Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Accurate restoration of renamed/deleted file

2009-03-18 04:39:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Accurate restoration of renamed/deleted file
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: michael riehemann <riehemann AT netzfenster DOT de>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:28:18 +0900
michael riehemann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there any way (at the moment) to do
>
> Accurate restoration of renamed/deleted files
>
> with differenziell and full backups?

I note that deleted/renamed file tracking is no longer shown on  the
sf.net bacula projects document:

http://bacula.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bacula/trunk/bacula/projects?view=markup

Is it complete? I haven't seen anything about it on the site, ML, or in
the ChangeLog in current SVN. The FAQ still says deleted files aren't
tracked.

Also: Item 14 ("Add an override in Schedule for Pools based on backup
types") is actually covered now by the FullPool=, IncrementalPool= and
DifferentialPool= directives in the schedule, since pools may specify
storage devices using the Storage directive. It's a bit roundabout, but
since in general when a backup is upgraded you want its retention
periods etc to be upgraded too, it probably makes more sense.

Item 25 can already be done with scripting, and Item 24 can already be
done by splitting the fileset up appropriately and using multiple
concurrent jobs on the same fd.

--
Craig Ringer