Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to format volume names?

2009-03-14 13:32:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to format volume names?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Charlie Reddington <charlie.reddington AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:25:13 -0400
> Don't I need recycling on so that I don't have to manually clean up
> everything? How do I go about handling it?
>
> Thanks for the info.

The point is when you make human readable names and expect bacula to
recycle the Wednesday tape on Wednesday morning and use it for all
your backups on Wednesday you will be annoyed when it picks the Monday
tape on Wednesday... So if you want to keep a system where the volumes
match the name you will probably have to do some external recycling by
feeding commands into bconsole from a cron job or similar.

John