Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Forcing DVD write speed

2009-03-14 01:45:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Forcing DVD write speed
From: Devin Reade <gdr AT gno DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:15:39 -0600
Over the years I've learned that the ability to read DVDs written
on one a different drive than the original writer is much improved
if the disk is written at speed=1.  I recently set up a DVD on my
SD and would like to continue this level of paranoia.

I was looking through the dvd-handler script and I don't see any
way to specify the writing speed, other than modifying the script
itself.  OTOH, while I know a lot of languages, python isn't one
of them, so I may be missing something.

Am I correct that the only way to add 'speed=1' to the growisofs
command is to modify the dvd-handler script?

Devin