Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] don't compress files only in my PC [was: Re: bacula not use all bandwidth of network]

2009-03-13 16:54:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] don't compress files only in my PC [was: Re: bacula not use all bandwidth of network]
From: Victor Hugo dos Santos <listas.vhs AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:46:49 -0300
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Victor Hugo dos Santos
<listas.vhs AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Thomas Glatthor
> <Thomas.Glatthor AT ic3s DOT de> wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>>>   Software Compression:   88.1 %
>>
>> have you ever tried without compression?
>
> well.. is true..
> when I configure jobs to use compression, the time is very superior
> and rate (rate=time / MB, I belive) is slow. :-(
>
> before, I had configured GZIP option as 9 and:
>       time 03:55:40
>       compression 88.7 %
>       rate 1193.9 KB/s
>
> after I configure GZIP option as 7, and:
>       time 01:28:18
>       compression 87.9 %
>       rate 3531.5 KB/s
>
> unhappily, I can't configure GZIP with lower value...
> because I use HD in storages and space is very, very precious.

one other question:

I was looking, why my machine have a best rate/speed of all clients..
and this is the answer:
  Rate:                   8391.2 KB/s
  Software Compression:   None

but.. I have configured my PC like all other clients..
how I can check "why" bacula don't compress data of my PC ??
some debug option ??

thanks again :D

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399