Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backporting FD Encryption

2009-03-12 14:11:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backporting FD Encryption
From: Matthew King <matthew.king AT monnsta DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:42:36 +0000
I see that encryption of data is working (or at least it's written and
compiles) in bacula's SVN repository.

Is this version of bacula (3.0 or 2.5 by the way?) likely to become
stable soon, or if not, is backporting the encryption into 2.4 likely to
be a mammoth task not worth the effort?

I would like to get the encryption, and I'd rather not compile (and use)
the whole of an unstable edition of bacula to get it (apt spoils me
rotten), so I want to know if I should wait for the new version or hack
the encryption support into the current fd for myself.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely