Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] DMZ & Internal network problem

2009-03-06 11:06:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] DMZ & Internal network problem
From: Giorgos Gaganis <G.Gaganis AT gnomon.com DOT gr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:59:46 +0200
Hello

    I am a new user of bacula. I have installed it successfully on the
computer that I will use as director and storage and also to some of my
servers and I must say I liked it very much. I have come across a
problem though.

I have a network setup with two subnets one that is internal and one is
a DMZ. My backup server is installed on the internal network and I
successfully setup the backups for servers that are on the internal
network. My director has access to the fds on my DMZ servers but it is
my impression that the fds are trying to contact the storage daemon
directly to the address that is defined on the director setup file.
Normally my servers on the DMZ cannot connect to addresses on the
internal network. I have tried to create a NATed address where my DMZ
servers can connect to the storage daemon but then it seems that my
director can't connect to the storage daemon.

I was wondering if there is a way to define a different address for my
daemons depending on the client?

Also I would like to congratulate everyone for the creation of this
great software!

Thank you very much for your time

Giorgos