Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job Migration on setup with lots of file storages

2009-03-04 10:58:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job Migration on setup with lots of file storages
From: Andreas Bogacki <Andreas AT Bogacki DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:55:01 +0100
Hi,

I have a setup with 1 storage device for each client I backup.
If I got the documentation right I need to have different Media Types
for concurent backups to work.

Device {
  Name = Storage_1-dev
  Media Type = Storage_1-file
  Archive Device = /mount/device_1
  Device Type = File;
  LabelMedia = yes;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = no;
}

Device {
  Name Storage_2-dev
  Media Type = Storage_2-file
  Archive Device = /mount/device_2
#all other options just like first device
}

Device {
  Name Migrate_Storage_1-dev
  Media Type = Storage_1-file
#all other options just like first device
}

Now when I try to do a migration job from Storage_1-dev to
Migrate_Storage_1-dev it fails with the following error:
04-Mar 16:09 backup-sd JobID 219: acquire.c:116 Changing read device.
Want Media Type="File" have="Storage_1-file"
When I set Media Type = File for Storage_1-dev and Migrate_Storage_1-dev
the Migration works.
So right now concurent backups to lots of different disks over a couple
of network interfaces is bottlenecked by having to set all Media Types =
File if I want to use Migration. Did I get it right?
Another question that arises is:
How can I setup a system with concurent backups for all clients that
migrates jobs that need to be archived for a long time (2+ years) on one
tape-changer device?

Versions used: debian lenny with bacula 2.4.4 (28 December 2008)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu debian lenny/sid

cheers
Andreas Bogacki