Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula catalog size limits

2009-03-02 10:42:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula catalog size limits
From: Tim Bell <tim.bell AT cern DOT ch>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:17:06 +0100
What are the experiences of Bacula's scalability limits as the number of
files per server increase ? We are looking at backing up 1000+ clients
with millions of files in total.  I would like to understand if this is
feasible and how many servers we would need:

Specifically,

- What are the recommended largest number of files in the catalog for
each bacula instance ?
- What database choice is the best for large numbers of files in the
catalog ?
- Do multiple instances of bacula on a single server make sense to
improve scalability ?

Tim Bell
CERN