Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Disk space optimalisation

2009-02-27 11:05:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Disk space optimalisation
From: Rafał Cygnarowski <rafilists AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:43:47 +0100
Hi!

I would like to have backup available on disk for last 360 days. Backup should
be incremental with full backups on every 1st day of month. Exception is the
latest month where I would like to have 3 additional full backups on 8th, 15th
and 22th day of the month and incremental backups between those full backup
(including incremental backups between 1st and 8th day of the month).

Beside disk backups I would like to do DVD backups in 2 copies every time I'm
at company head office (it's about 3 or 4 times a year). I would like those
backups be just a full backup with incremental backups till day I decided to
arrive. After writing to DVDs I would like this backup to be cleared
completely so it could start backing up with full backup again and incremental
next day.

Is it possible to define those backups so they could occupy one disk space or
I should define 2 or even 3 different jobs for them?

How should I define jobs for manual DVD backups I plan to do?

Regards,
--
Rafał Cygnarowski
rafilists [at] gmail [dot] com