Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backups on machine different from DIR or Client

2009-02-25 11:02:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backups on machine different from DIR or Client
From: François Mehault <Francois.Mehault AT netplus DOT fr>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:58:50 +0100

Well, in fact i found the solution :

File = "\\\\\\\myMachine/backup"

De : François Mehault [mailto:Francois.Mehault AT netplus DOT fr]
Envoyé : mercredi 25 février 2009 16:39
À : bacula-users

Hil All

I have a little pb. I would like to backup something on a third machine, not the Client machine and not on the Director's machine.

I will use the directive File in the ressource FileSet like this :

Include {

  Options { … }

  File = "\\myMachine\backup"

}

But this don’t works !

25-Feb 16:34 myMachine:      Could not stat /backup: ERR=The system cannot find the path specified.^M

How can i do for it ?

To save on the client machine we can with :

If you precede the less-than sign (<) with a backslash as in \<, the file-list will be read on the Client machine instead of on the Director's machine. Please note that if the filename is given within quotes, you will need to use two slashes.

Include {
  Options { signature = SHA1 }
  File = "\\</home/xxx/filelist-on-client"
}

But for another machine, i don’t know :s

Regards,

François