Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Open Source in the Data Center conference in Nuremberg

2009-02-25 08:06:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Open Source in the Data Center conference in Nuremberg
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:30:41 +0100
Hello,

Since Kern is on vacation, he has requested me to send this email.

As some of you might know, Netways www.netways.de is holding a
conference on Open-Source in the Data Center (
http://www.netways.de/english/osdc/y2009/ ) on April 29th and 30th in
Nuremberg.

Obviously, Bacula is a good tool for data centers. Also quite obvious,
it would be nice to have the Bacula project presented there. As of
now, there is no presentation of Bacula there.

So, if any of you would like to present the Bacula project and
software there, that would be a great thing!

We - Kern and some other project contributors - believe the following
items to be of importance:

- The presentation should give a brief overview of the software
(reliability, scalability, performance, ...) and...
- the project (i.e., great -users list (thanks to you all!), available
commercial support, ...).
- The presenter should use Bacula in a reasonably-sized environment,
so he or she can discuss Bacula with a bit of experience in the
background.
- The presenter should know most of the features of Bacula from
personal experience, so she or he can answer questions.
- Seeing that most presenters at the conference a German, German as
first or second language would be good to allow better discussions.

For your presentation, you might want to use the ones available at the
project web site http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=presentations as a
starting point...

If any of you would like to do this, please contact me and copy Kern
(who is on vaction), because the Bacula project has some funds we
might use to support some or all your travel or accomodation in
Nuremberg. Furthermore, Bacula Systems SA might decide to add a bit to
that.

I hope we'll see Bacula at OSDC!

Cheers,

Arno