Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backups and unreadable files

2009-02-23 07:26:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] backups and unreadable files
From: Webmaster Bliss Corporation <webmaster AT blisscorporation DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:22:19 +0100
Greetings,

I have been using Bacula for a couple of months now, and I came up with
a problem. I will try to describe the problem in details:

I set up Bacula do backup from some Windows shares to an ethernet
external hard disk drive. One of these Windows share is getting
corrupted and I am waiting for a replacement. Meanwhile some files on
the share are getting corrupted and unreadable. When Bacula tries to
read those files to backup them, it just keep trying to access the files
without giving any errors and proceeding with the remaining files. The
backup job does not complete and it gives no error messages. I can only
cancel the job manually in order to proceed with the other backups. I
then receive the e-mail with the job details, which contains the
following error messages:

23-Feb 10:07 bacula-fd JobId 220: Fatal error: backup.c:892 Network send error
to SD. ERR=Success
23-Feb 10:07 bacula-sd JobId 220: Fatal error: append.c:259 Network error on
data channel. ERR=No data available

Is it possible to configure Bacula in order to skip a file if it cannot
access it after a certain amount of time?

System details follow:

Linux 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 15:12:04 EST 2008

bacula-storage-mysql-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-console-bat-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-console-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-console-wxwidgets-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-console-gnome-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-director-common-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-common-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-client-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-docs-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386
bacula-director-mysql-2.4.3-3.fc10.i386