Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Director shows job as running, client shows job as completed

2009-02-20 19:22:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Director shows job as running, client shows job as completed
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:19:21 -0500
> With one client, I'm having a problem with backups completing.  The client
> shows the job as completed, but the director shows the job as running.  I've
> restarted both director and client.  How do I best determine why the director
> shows that this client never completes?

The director can say its running while the client says its stopped if
attribute spooling is turned on. And in this case it may run a long
time after the job is finished as far as the client states. If you
restarted the director and it was attribute spooling you will not have
a consistent database.

John

--
John M. Drescher