Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] A couple of autochanger questions

2009-02-19 06:22:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] A couple of autochanger questions
From: Andy Davenport <andrew AT thuban.ac.hmc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 02:59:55 -0800
Dear Bacula developers,

In trying to get a slightly unconventional Bacula setup running I
encountered
a couple of things in the code that puzzled me.

I had a problem labeling new media in a (virtual) autochanger. Bacula calls
"loaded" in my changer script in which I return zero for the slot as
there is
no tape in the virtual drive.

At autoload_device+41 as expected it reports Invalid slot since "label"
passes
zero for the slot. Then at autoload_device+62 it finds that the return from
my autochanger script "loaded" matches the zero in the call, and seems to
be assuming that the correct tape is in the device because 0==0 even though
zero is an invalid slot. It then attempts to write to the device without
ever
calling "load" in my changer script.

Also puzzling to me is that at try_autoload_device+4 the volume name is
bstrncpy'd
into dcr->VolumeName and the dcr is passed to autoload_device, but
autoload_device
appears to be retreiving the volume name from dcr->VolCatInfo.VolCatName.
The Dmsg3 at autoload_device+21 and the Jmsg at autoload_device+42 both
report
an empty volume name. I'm not a native speaker of C, but that looks
funny to me.

Thanks very much.

Andy