Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula restore cd [2: kernel panic]

2009-02-18 07:55:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore cd [2: kernel panic]
From: Martin Spinassi <martins.listz AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:00:16 -0200
Hi list!

Well, I managed to get an iso image for a bacula restore cdrom.
Following the instructions at the manual I did it making an static
bacula-fd:

cd <bacula-source>
./configure \
   --prefix=/usr \
   --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
   --sysconfdir=/etc/bacula \
   --with-scriptdir=/etc/bacula \
   --enable-smartalloc \
   --enable-client-only \
   --enable-static-fd
make

And then

cd <bacula-rescue>
./configure \
   --with-static-fd=<directory-containing-static-bacula-fd> \
   --with-bacula-scripts=<directory-containing-bacula-fd.conf>
cd linux/cdrom
su
(enter root password)
make

It makes a bootcd.iso image, with this content:

./BaculaRescueCD
./boot
./boot/isolinux
./boot/isolinux/boot.cat
./boot/isolinux/boot.msg
./boot/isolinux/boot.msg.in
./boot/isolinux/general.msg
./boot/isolinux/initrd.img
./boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin
./boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
./boot/isolinux/kernel.msg
./boot/isolinux/memtest
./boot/isolinux/options.msg
./boot/isolinux/TRANS.TBL
./boot/isolinux/vmlinuz
./boot/TRANS.TBL
./TRANS.TBL

The problem is, when booting from cd, I get a kernel panic:

Failed to execute /init
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel.

Is there something that I'm missing? Should I do the iso image in some
other way?

Any help or link is appreciated, I'm stuck here...

Cheers

Martín