Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Delete volume on purge

2009-02-16 05:04:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Delete volume on purge
From: Alex F <alexxzell AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 02:02:34 -0800 (PST)
Item 1. Delete volume on purge.
Origin: Alex F, alexxzell at yahoo dot com
Date: 16 February 2009

What: A feature that would permit Bacula to delete a volume from the hard disk after it has been purged.

Why: Useful for users backing up to hard disks. I for instance, am doing this, and have to manually list volumes, seek and delete them, and afterwards delete them from the mysql database. Woulld be acceptable if I had to do it for 1 client...but I have many servers being backed up so this is time-consuming. Maybe a new status could be defined when listing jobs, something like "Deleted".
   I know Bacula treats backups like if it were tape jobs, but I believe that this approach is a little outdated, and some help should be pointed towards the users who use Servers for the purpose of backing up.

Thank you.