Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] No entries in log table

2009-02-13 22:17:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] No entries in log table
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: preilly88 AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:15:21 -0500
Peter Reilly wrote:
> I'm using mysql 5.0.45, and bacula 2.4.2 (installed from RPM).  Most things
> seem to be working well, but I'm getting nothing written to the log table in
> mysql.
>
> What configuration setting controls logging events to the mysql database?

I find this interesting because I've never looked at the log table
before.  Inspecting, I think of the Message resource.

Have a read of this:

   http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Messages_Resource.html

Look at the catalog option.

FYI, this is my messages resource:

Messages {
   Name = Standard
   mailcommand = "/usr/local/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
%r\" -s \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
   operatorcommand = "/usr/local/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
%r\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
   operator = root@localhost = mount
   mail = root@localhost = all
   console = all

   append = "/home/bacula/working/log" = all, !skipped, !restored

   catalog = all, !skipped, !saved
}

I suspect you are missing the catalog entry from this item.
--
Dan Langille