Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] order of operations

2009-02-12 07:25:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] order of operations
From: rjustinwilliams AT gmail DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:02:43 +0000
I'm pulling a massive full backup, and am curious on one point. I can see, in bconsole, that the file daemon is examining files. I can also see that the bytes / files backed up is holding at 0 on the jobs list. Does bacula examine all the files before it begins to actually back them up? I.e. does the file daemon have to finish all the examining before the data begins to transfer over to the storage daemon?

That was my assumption, but, I have seen the storage machine (same machine as the director) have its incremental backup run and that run was *much* larger than its initial full backup, so, thinking there may be some data coming over, but just not sure...

Thanks!