Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dvd problems

2009-02-05 13:09:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dvd problems
From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns222 AT hardakers DOT net>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:06:37 -0800
aid:

BF> I remember some message about broken code in 2.4 (Not tested as it
BF> should have been) And some works on the 2.5 (next 3.0 have been made
BF> )

BF> Before you downgrade to the 2.0, perharps you could find a way as
BF> you have the specs in place, to give a try to 2.5 and so help all
BF> the project to keep the feature up to date and running without this
BF> annoying bugs.

Well, I compiled 2.5 (from a tar-ball, not from the code repository) and
installed it and just ran a few backup tests to DVD media.  The first
incremental I ran wrote two partitions to the disk and ended just fine.

The second (a full) however, failed to write the DVD due to the typical
problem I've been seeing:

JobId 3757: Volume "BaculaDVDTwo0140" previously written, moving to end of data
.
JobId 3757: Error: Bacula cannot write on DVD Volume "BaculaDVDTwo0140" because
: The sizes do not match! Volume=1125393071 Catalog=286543567
JobId 3757: Marking Volume "BaculaDVDTwo0140" in Error in Catalog.
JobId 3757: Please mount Volume "BaculaDVDTwo0124" or label

Note...  The Volume size is correct, not the catalog.  IE, the DVD
writing process has succeeded just fine and the two parts from the first
backup job are on the disk and are the right size (I know because I
lightly hacked the dvd-handler to keep the older ones around for a bit).

The catalog, however, seems to have the wrong notion of what the proper
size should be.  The question is why???