Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bug or a feature :-)

2009-02-05 03:46:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bug or a feature :-)
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:44:20 +0100
Hi,

05.02.2009 06:55, Masopust, Christian wrote:

> Maybe I missed in the documentation but....
>
> Today (ok, yesterday :-) I added a directory containing some old files
> (last modification
> date is before my last full-backup) to one of my filesets.
> Now I'm wondering that they weren't backed up (I assume because of so
> old modification
> time).
>
> Shouldn't this directory be backed up as it is completely new to this
> fileset (I also restarted
> bacula-services) ?
>
> Or am I wrong and missed that in the documentation...

Well, the "Ignore fileset changes" option has been mentioned... apart
from that, not picking up those files is not a bug but regular
behaviour as, for differential and incremental backups, Bacula only
looks at the file modification timestamps, which might be old.

That's what most backup programs today do, by the way.

A clean solution to this is being developed and should be in 3.0,
whenever that's ready - look for "Accurate Backups" in the "New
Features" section of the developer's manual.

Arno

> Thanks,
> Christian

> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK and
> Ajax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück