Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore a tape or volume without the catalog or bootstrap file

2009-02-03 10:27:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore a tape or volume without the catalog or bootstrap file
From: Maxime <maxime.charpenne AT univ-avignon DOT fr>
To: belen.sanchez AT silicetelecom DOT com
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:55:06 +0100
Hello,

Sure, and it's well documented (like everything else...)
Take a look at http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Volume_Utility_Tools.html

belen.sanchez AT silicetelecom DOT com a écrit :
> Hi list
>
> I need to know how if there is a way to restore a tape or volume without
> the catalog or
Yes, you would re-catalog it.

> bootstrap file, since I lost them. Is there a way to catalog a tape not
> included in my
> bacula catalog or in a bootstrap file?
You should use bscan.
I used it to restore all my users' data from an old backup set cleaned
from catalog since I've lost partitions on the server... worked well.

> Bye
>
> Belen

> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK and
> Ajax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com

Maxime CHARPENNE
Université d'Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse - CRI
Tél. : +33 4 90 16 26 05