Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Warning: VSS was not initialized properly. VSS support is disabled.

2009-01-28 00:02:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Warning: VSS was not initialized properly. VSS support is disabled.
From: Matthew Rhoten <mrhoten AT surly DOT org>
To: KNOPS Manfred <Manfred.KNOPS AT 3ds DOT com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:00:02 -0800
KNOPS Manfred wrote:
 > I enabled VSS in the job definition.
 > But I got the error message after every job.

There was some discussion about the 64-bit version of the FD, on
bacula-dev a few months back. There are two approaches people are
trying. One approach is to make a 64-bit build (using a toolchain that
can target x86-64), and a user had good luck with this against a very
old version of Bacula. The other approach is to hack the 32 bit client
to work properly against the 64 bit VSS. Kern posted a link to a beta
build, I believe using the latter strategy. At the time I was on a much
older version of bacula and didn't try it out, but I'm hopeful to try it
now.

Anyone know the story here, or should Manfred and I go dig in the
mailing list archive?
 -matt