Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to automate Windows installer for a large number of hosts?

2009-01-26 11:43:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to automate Windows installer for a large number of hosts?
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:40:38 +0100
Hi,

I'm looking at a large rollout, and estimate around 16 hours of non-stop
clicking for the Windows side of things (I've got the Linux side covered).
Is it possible to automate the Windows installer with arguments that fill
in the various fields such as hostnames, IP addresses, passwords etc.?

If not, is it possible to take apart the installer and write new scripts
doing this and how much work would this be? It could be a generic
installer choosing from a plaintext file with a list of fixed hostnames,
IP addresses and passwords, or a unique installer per server, as long as
both can simply be copied and run silently.

I would prefer the elegant solution over the mindnumbing one, but it has
to take less than about two full working days (for a non-developer who has
never seen NSIS from the inside).