Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to back up Exchange public folders

2009-01-26 08:32:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to back up Exchange public folders
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:29:12 +0100
Hello List,

we are backing up our MS Exchange-Server by first exporting the
mailboxes to file with Microsoft's "exmerge"-utility and than backing up
those files with bacula. This is actually quite straight forward and can
be set up in minutes. One major problem however is that exmerge cannot
export public folders.

Is there a way to achieve this with the Exchange plugin available for
bacula? I have never worked with this plugin so far, can the code be
considered mature enough to be used in a productive environment?

Thanks for any hints!

All the best, Nils