Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula and Windows Vista 64Bit

2009-01-22 05:45:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Windows Vista 64Bit
From: "KNOPS Manfred" <Manfred.KNOPS AT 3ds DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:01:32 +0100

Hello together,

we installed bacula 2.4.4 win32 fileserver-deamon and console on a windows 64 bit system, called clapton.

We use bacula 2.4.3 on a opensuse 11.0 system for bacula directory daemon and bacula storage daemon.

We configured a job to backup the vista machine.

Here the job configuration:

fileserver:/etc/bacula # cat clapton-dir.conf

# /etc/bacula/clapton-backup.conf

#

# Job definition for host clapton

#

Job {

  Name = clapton-Automatic-Backup

  Type = Backup

  Client = clapton

  FileSet = clapton-FileSet

  Schedule = WeeklyCycle

  Storage = clapton-Storage

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = clapton-Pool

}

Job {

  Name = clapton-Restore

  Type = Restore

  Client = clapton

  FileSet = clapton-FileSet

  Storage = clapton-Storage

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = clapton-Pool

  Where = d:\\temp

}

Job {

  Name = clapton-Full-Manual-Backup

  Type = Backup

  Level = Full

  Client = clapton

  FileSet = clapton-FileSet

  Storage = clapton-Storage

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = clapton-Pool

}

#

# Fileset definition for host clapton

#

FileSet {

  Name = clapton-FileSet

  Enable VSS = yes

  Include {

    Options {

      _onefs_ = no

      signature = SHA1

      compression = GZIP9

      @/etc/bacula/excludedAbaqusFiles.conf

      @/etc/bacula/excludedWindowsFiles.conf

      }

    File = c:/users/krug

    File = d:/users/krug

    }

  Exclude {

    File = c:/users/krug/appdata/local/temp

    File = c:/users/krug/appdata/locallow

    File = c:/users/krug/confidential

    File = c:/users/krug/downloads

    File = c:/users/krug/music

    File = c:/users/krug/pictures

    File = c:/users/krug/searches

    File = c:/users/krug/videos

    File = d:/users/krug/confidential

    }

  }

#

# Client Definition for host clapton

#

Client {

  Name = clapton

  Address = clapton

  Catalog = backupserver-Catalog

  Password = "HGIgito2sPLtOerYIhru2W5TsCDr6dFs0C2p97Q5zwP/"

  }

#

# Storage Definition for host clapton

#

Storage {

  Name = clapton-Storage

  Address = backupserver

  SDPort = 9103

  Password = "HVb1lensP9LH9//LZbdhV1SHnHgZnHeMJrlErML8+Pmg"

  Device = clapton-Device

  Media Type = File

}

#

# Pool Definition for host clapton

#

Pool {

Name = clapton-Pool

Pool Type = Backup

Recycle = yes

AutoPrune = yes

Volume Retention = 1 months

Use Volume _Once_ = yes

Maximum Volume Bytes = 4509715660.8

Label Format = "clapton-"

Maximum Volumes = 31

}

#

# Schedule definition for host clapton

#

# The schedule definition stores in file

# /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

fileserver:/etc/bacula #

The communication between bacula directory and Clapton fileserver deamon works.

But I have some problems with this client. That’s the reason to ask if someone can help.

The first schedule job run last night.

After that I got a mail. This mail contains messages like this:

21-Jan 23:05 clapton-fd JobId 29:      Could not open directory c:/users/krug/AppData/Local/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten: ERR=Der Dateiname konnte durch das System nicht zugeordnet werden.

21-Jan 23:05 clapton-fd JobId 29: Error: Read error on file c:/users/krug/AppData/Local/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Outlook/outlook.ost. ERR=Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da ein anderer Prozess einen Teil der Datei gesperrt hat.

Bacula has right. A Path with so much directories called Anwendungsdaten didn’t exist. The path is for example c:/users/krug/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook/outlook.ost.

I made tests on this machine.

1.       c:/users/krug/AppData/Local>dir /A:H returns a dir called Anwendungsdaten.

2.       c:/users/krug/AppData/Local>cd Anwendungsdaten chaned into this dir.

3.       c:/users/krug/AppData/Local/Anwendungsdaten>dir returns a info that no file exist.

Now my question. Why should bacula backup this directory?

What can I do?

Regards

Manfred