Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "Window" statement in schedule

2009-01-19 14:43:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "Window" statement in schedule
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:41:07 +0100
Jean Gobin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering whether a "window" functionnality exists in the current version
> of Bacula.
>
> I explain: we have several jobs executing. And for some reasons, one of them
> was delayed until business hours. The only problem is that this job starts by
> executing a script which shuts an application down before moving files, then
> restarts it. That was not truly welcome during the day ...
>
> Do you think a "Window" statement, specifying start and end times for a job
> to execute would come in a handy for this?
>
> Something like:

> Where <start hour> and <stop hour> would be formatted like hh:mm:ss, and
> <allowed days> would be [Mon|Tue|Web|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun], to take into account
> possible maintenance days.
>
> J.
>

> Jean F. Gobin
> Network Administrator
>
> Tel:   212.542.3175
> Mobile:        917.213.2532
> Fax:   212.981.6545
>
> 32 Avenue of the Americas, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10013
>

>  jgobin AT strozllc DOT com
>  www.strozllc.com
>
> S T R O Z   F R I E D B E R G
>
> TURNING INFORMATION INTO INTELLIGENCE

Dear Jean,

It would be nice to make a new message if you open a new subject.
When like this one you use another message and replace the subject it's just
hi-jack the current thread.

For people like me and others on this list I become really painfull to read or
answer to a new message inside an existing thread.

Do it for you, it would be more easy for all of us to help you !

For what your looking for their comments inside documentation (search time max,
etc ... )
But be warn that some of them are working not exactly as they should. And this
would be fix in 3.0
Could be tested inside the actual beta 2.5x

--

     Bruno Friedmann