Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to install the storage directory only.

2009-01-15 18:41:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to install the storage directory only.
From: Thomas <thomas AT ic3s DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:36:00 +0100
i build bacula for my sd-machine (only fd and sd) with:

./configure --enable-client-only
make
cd src/cats
make
cd ../stored
make

after that i copy all binaries to /sbin with this stupid sh-script

#cat install-new-bacula.sh

BACULA=/root/bacula-2.4.4

echo "Bacula ist in $BACULA. ok?"
read
cp $BACULA/src/filed/bacula-fd /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/stored/bacula-sd /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/stored/bls /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/stored/btape /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/stored/bcopy /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/stored/bextract /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/stored/bscan /sbin
cp $BACULA/src/console/bconsole /sbin

"make install" always puts a lot of useless files into /etc/bacula ...

Martin Simmons schrieb:
>> hello,
>>
>> I installed  / compiled bacula recently and it was quite tricky to get
>> it to work.
>>
>> Now I like to backup to a standalone storage director on a minimal
>> installed system.
>>
>> To create a client only I found the option --enable-client-only
>> Is there some option to only compile and install the storage director?
>>
>> I compiled bacula on my backup server (vmware) with mysql and bat
>> support and lots of other options that I suspect are not needed when
>> only running the storage director. The vmware host has HD space so I
>> thought, instaed of mounting samba shares I will run a sd on the host
>> directly. But I really like to keep the host as clean as possible.
>>

>> Is there documentation how to run every thing on seperate mashines? One
>> of the key features of bacula is that it consists of independent parts
>
> You could try --disable-build-dird, but I don't know if it works.
>
> OTOH, if the standalone storage daemon is running the same OS as the primary,
> then you can just copy the Bacula files to it (there is no need to rebuild the
> storage daemon itself, because it doesn't contain an database code).
>
> Failing that, you could build Bacula with the SQLite database, which doesn't
> require much to be installed at build time.
>
> __Martin