Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Rif: Re: LTO3 performance

2009-01-09 09:41:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Rif: Re: LTO3 performance
From: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: "Sergio Belkin" <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 07:39:34 -0700

> Hi  I really appreciate the discussion about advantages and
> disadvantages of compression. But please bear in mind that I am not
> using compression *in anyway*. So please could you help me to solve
> this problem. Below I let you config files (a bit shortened and
> changed in obvious parts like Password), JOb report and info from mt
> and tapeinfo:
>
> Some Clarifications: DirectorandStorageServerThatHasDat72, is the
> Director and Storage Server That Has Dat 72 ;)
>
> Bulldog, Clark are bacula clients
>
> StorageServerThasHasLTO3: Storage Server Thas Has LTO3 ;)

I'm not sure if anyone brought this up, but it looks like you are using
spooling. I don't see any concurrent job options which would default to
only running one job at a time. Depending on the speed of your
connection from the FD to the SD and the speed of the spool disks and
its size would also contribute to the speed. What I look for is "despool
time" and speed. That gives me an indication of how fast my LTO-3 drives
are during jobs. If your spool space is not large enough to hold the
entire job, you may notice a very bad transfer rate because I think
Bacula starts the clock at the first despool and stops it at the end of
the last despool.

I'm not an expert, but just jumping into this thread, that is what I can
see.