Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Rif: Re: LTO3 performance

2009-01-07 10:37:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Rif: Re: LTO3 performance
From: Ferdinando Pasqualetti <fpasqual AT ccci DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:33:55 +0100

I think you should use /dev/random, not /dev/zero unless hardware compression is disabled in order to have more realistic figures.

Ferdinando Pasqualetti
G.T.Dati srl
Tel. 0557310862 - 3356172731 - Fax 055720143

"Sergio Belkin" <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>

07/01/2009 13.55

Per
bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
CC
Oggetto
Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 performance

The output test was:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nst0 bs=1M count=1000
1000+0 records in
1000+0 records out
1048576000 bytes (1.0 GB) copied, 7.80926 seconds, 134 MB/s

I have a server let say A that has director and storage daemon with a
DAT72 and other server say B which has storage daemon and a LTO3
drive.

A and B has on the same Gigabit network and backup server on that network.

Thanks you I added spooling, but I haven't collected relevant data to
say it is an improvement, if you want I can send part of my
configuration...

thanks everyone

Below is output of tapeinfo -f /dev/sg0

Product Type: Disk Drive