Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula: windows, and multiple schedules

2009-01-06 18:47:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula: windows, and multiple schedules
From: "Mordechai T. Abzug" <morty AT frakir DOT org>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:44:32 -0500
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 07:31:29AM -0500, John Drescher wrote:

[snip question about VSS and "ntbackup backup"]

> You need both to backup the registry.

Thanks!

> You would add multiple Run= commands (one for each level) in the
> Schedule Resource:
>
> http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001450000000000000000

What I want is to have two sets of backup media -- a "daily" backup
media set that gets rotated all year long, and a "monthly" media set
that is a full backup that gets archived offsite.  Can this be done
under bacula with one set of jobs with different Run=, or does it need
to be more complex?  I've done this with AMANDA in the past, but I'm
not sure how easy it is in the Bacula world.

- Morty