Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula is not recycling/pruning/purging automatically

2009-01-06 13:23:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula is not recycling/pruning/purging automatically
From: Jonathan Larsen <jon AT heartslc DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:20:33 -0800 (PST)
I am having an issue with my pools not recycling correctly.  Right now i have
jobs that were last written going back as far as 2008-09-07 that have yet to
purge and go into recycling automatically.  Below is one of my Pools and
it's configuration.  All my pools are configured the same except having
different names and retention periods.

We are finding that eventually the tapes do make it back into the scratch
pool either marked recycled or purged, but it's long after they were
supposed to expire.  It seems maybe like by 30 days or so, so a month late.

Is there something i am missing that will get those to automatically get
marked as purged/recycled?

jabba-dir Version: 2.4.2 (26 July 2008) i686-pc-linux-gnu slackware
Slackware 12.1.0

| MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes        | VolFiles |
VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType  | LastWritten

|      33 | DEU728S    | Full      |       1 | 154,778,803,200 |      156 |
6,912,000 |       1 |    5 |         0 | SuperDLT-1 | 2008-09-07 00:30:07

Pool {
  Name = "Windows Data Weekly"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes