Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] enable batch inserts 2.4.4-b2

2009-01-01 09:34:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] enable batch inserts 2.4.4-b2
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 09:31:23 -0500
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 09:19:09PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> Michael Galloway wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 09:50:14AM -0500, Michael Galloway wrote:
> >>
> >> am i doing something incorrect?
> >>
> >> -- michael
> >>

> > ok, looks like configure simply fails to consider share libraries for
> > postgres. is this a bug or an issues?
> > i'd installed postgres from rpm. i can build from source statically if i
> > need to.
>
> Known and documented issue:
> http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Installi_Configur_PostgreS.html
>
> Well, so I think.  Do you mean share libraries?  Or do you mean
> -enable-thread-safety option when doing the ./configure for PostgreSQL?

no, i mean the configure script only considers that libpq is statically linked
(libpq.a) and could not be dynamically
linked (libpq.so):

(from the script:)

      SQL_INCLUDE=-I$POSTGRESQL_INCDIR
      SQL_LFLAGS=$POSTGRESQL_LFLAGS
      SQL_BINDIR=$POSTGRESQL_BINDIR
      SQL_LIB=$POSTGRESQL_LIBDIR/libpq.a

in my SLES rpm based postgres install i get only dynamically liked lib's.

-- michael