Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Daily Tape Rotation questions

2008-12-19 02:55:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Daily Tape Rotation questions
From: Riho Lodi <riho.lodi AT pta DOT ee>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:31:13 +0200
Hi!

I am useing daily tape rotation. I change tape every day and useing Full
backup Level on each tape. Each tape has it's own volume and vaolume
retention time is 6 days and 12 days for friday tape (I have 2 of friday
tapes). Point is that after retention time Bacula automatically purges
volume and makes tape writable again, so after every 7 days bacula would
write brand new data to tape. But it don't do this, it marks tape
Append, don't purge it and don't write new data to it. What could be wrong.
For Bacula configuration I used description on
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Backup_Strategies.html#SECTION003030000000000000000
I attach example of my configuration too:

Job {
  Name = "ntserver"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = ntserver-fd
  FileSet = "Ntserver Set"
  Schedule = "TapeCycle"
  Storage = DAT72
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/scripts/end_of_backup.sh"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/ntserver.bsr"
  Priority = 10
#  Max Start Delay = 22h
}

FileSet {
  Name = "Ntserver Set"
  Include {
    Options {
    compression=GZIP
    }
    File = "e:/ShareFiles"
    File = "e:/dok"
  }
}

Schedule {
  Name = "TapeCycle"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=MondayPool Tuesday at 0:00am
  Run = Level=Full Pool=TuesdayPool Wednesday at 0:00am
  Run = Level=Full Pool=WednesdayPool Thursday at 0:00am
  Run = Level=Full Pool=ThursdayPool Friday at 0:00am
  Run = Level=Full Pool=WeeklyPool Saturday at 0:00am
}

Client {
  Name = ntserver-fd
  Address = 192.168.1.100
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "testparool"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 12 days            # 12 days
  Job Retention = 6 days            # 6 days
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Storage {
  Name = DAT72
#  Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = 192.168.1.42                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "testparool"          # password for Storage daemon
  Device = DAT72                      # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
  Media Type = DAT                  # must be same as MediaType in
Storage daemon
#  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
}

Pool {
  Name = MondayPool
  Pool Type = Backup