Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Permissions after restore

2008-12-17 07:31:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Permissions after restore
From: Andre Gorschkow <andre AT gorschkow DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:58:15 +0100
Hi,

I have a problem with file/dir permissions after restore.

If I restore a file from backup, get a parent directories same permissions as
those file. I know, this is a default functionality, with "markdir" on parent
dirs which can be solved.
But this "markdir" method is lame. If I restore many files is too complicated
and this work not in bat.

Here is an example:

original permissions:
drwxr-xr-x root   root     /home/
drwx------  andre andre  /home/andre
-rw-r-----   andre andre  /home/andre/file.txt

and here after restore in /temp/restore:
drwx------  andre andre  /tmp/restore/home
drwx------  andre andre  /tmp/restore/home/andre
-rw-------    andre andre  /tmp/restore/home/andre/file.txt

Can I do "markdir" by default for all directories force?
Is this behavior ever wanted or is it a bug?

Thank you in advance.

Andre