Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bconsole delete bug?

2008-11-30 00:45:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] bconsole delete bug?
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:42:49 -0800
I think I may have run into a bug in bconsole - or maybe it's just some
odd but behavior whose documentation I have missed?

When you delete a volume on the command line, you use the following command:

delete volume=volumename pool=poolname

However, if you reverse the arguments, unexpectedly delete will delete
the POOL instead of the volume:

delete pool=poolname volume=volumename.

I would expect the two statements to be equivalent.

The documentation just says (incorrectly) "if the pool keyword is found
on the command line, the pool will be deleted".

I think this is actually a fairly dangerous bug, because if you don't
pay close attention it can delete a lot more than you'd expect - even
more so because the second, dangerous, version is the more convenient
one when deleting multiple volumes (just hit the up arrow and edit the
volume name).

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.