Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: DVD Backup Version 2.0.2 OK?

2008-11-29 12:49:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: DVD Backup Version 2.0.2 OK?
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:47:11 +0200
>> I have patched dvd+rw-tools on latest Debian. And I can
>> confirm that both the 2.2.8 and 2.4 branch do not work.
>>
> In gentoo about 3 months ago I did a 4 disk DVD+RW backup
> at work and restored it at home using 2.4.X without
> problems. To do this I believe
> I ran bscan to import the catalog being that my home
> bacula is
> independent from my work bacula. However this is my only
> usage of DVDs
> with bacula in a few years.

The problem with 2.4 seems to be now that it does not update the catalog
according to what it wrote to disc. The backup job ends with success, while
showing invalid statistics to the screen.

I guess that recreating the catalog like you did works.

I have no problem doing one backup. The problem comes when I start the next. It
complains that catalog and media are different.