Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Relabel full tape

2008-11-25 16:12:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Relabel full tape
From: "David Jurke" <David.Jurke AT tnzi DOT com>
To: "Bruno Friedmann" <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:09:42 +1300
Or clone (bcopy?) the tape to a new tape with the right label.

For your own sanity, I'd suggest you stick a label on the tape, give Bacula the
same name to put on the tape, and leave it that way. My guess is you have a
bunch of "spare" tapes that get sucked in as required, yes? In which case I'd
suggest you use Bacula volume pools to manage them: have a "Backup" pool and a
"Scratch" pool, and tapes called something else, like "BKUP0027".
Initialise/label new tapes, giving Bacula the "BKUP0027" name, and put them in
the Scratch pool. When Bacula needs a new tape it'll suck it out of the Scratch
pool and put it in the Backup pool; you can get a list from Bacula of which
tapes are in which pool.

DJ