Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD Media in Raw mode

2008-11-21 12:15:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD Media in Raw mode
From: Evaldo Gardenali <evaldo AT gardenali DOT biz>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:11:30 -0200
My suggestion:

Create a new type, called Raw or Rawdisk (Capitalization and
hyphenization dont bother me now), for the simple reason that DVD+RW,
DVD-RAM, Hard Drives, Floppy Drives (like the 120MB floppies, 250MB
Iomega stuff, 2GB Jazz stuff, and others) will behave in the very same
way. This way, you get to keep the existing DVD code (which is needed
for legacy support anyways), and remove the word DVD from a method that
can work on a multitude of devices.

Evaldo