Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] update slots question

2008-11-19 15:27:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] update slots question
From: Mark Yarbrough <myarbrough AT theglenngroup DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:25:35 -0800
This is probably well documented somewhere and I can't just find it.
real quick.

When I run 'update slots barcode' on my debian bacula director the tape drive ejects puts the tape back into its original slot and then scans all autochanger slots.

When I run 'update slots barcode' on my win32 bacula director the tape the director leaves the tape in the drive and scans the slots... mind you it is reporting back correctly.

I run two pools (onsite/offsite) thus I change tapes a lot.  What do I need to add or change so that the tape ejects before doing the actual scan?

Both the autoloaders are the same make and model, as well as configured the same.

-- bacula-sd.conf -- (win32)

Autochanger {
 Name = Autochanger
 Device = Drive-1
 Changer Command = "mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
 Changer Device = Changer0
}

Device {
 Name = Drive-1                      #
 Drive Index = 0
 Media Type = LTO3
 Device Type = Tape
 Archive Device = Tape0
 AutomaticMount = yes               AlwaysOpen = yes
 RemovableMedia = yes
 RandomAccess = no
 AutoChanger = yes
 Alert Command = "tapeinfo -f %c | findstr TapeAlert"
 Maximum Spool Size = 5368709120   #   5GB

-- bacula-dir.conf -- (win32)

Storage {
 Name = Autochanger
 Address = FQDN
 SDPort = 9103
 Password = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 Device = Autochanger
 Media Type = LTO3
 Autochanger = yes
 Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4