Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Trouble with volumes - no appendable volumes

2008-11-13 09:47:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Trouble with volumes - no appendable volumes
From: Charlie Reddington <charlie.reddington AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:44:48 -0600
Hi there,

I'm having issues with my bacula setup running out of appendable
media. I'm currently backing up to 'filestorage'. I have about 15
clients I'm trying to backup. Perhaps someone can tell me what I'm
missing here.

I kind of am thinking that I need to label more media, but I'm not
sure. I only did 3 label commands, and that was for default, full and
inc. Do I need to add more?

My end goal here is to have at least 30 days of backups, preferably 60.

Here's my setups, let me know if there's anything else needed to help.

Many thanks,

Charlie

---------- bacula-dir.conf ---------------

# Job Def (imagine 15 of these guys)

# millie.iad01
Job {
   Name = "server01"
   Type = Backup
   Level = Incremental
   Client = server01-fd
   Fileset = "server01-Full-Set"
   Storage = File
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
   Messages = Standard
   Pool = Default
   Incremental Backup Pool = Inc
   Full Backup Pool = Full
   Priority = 11
   Write Bootstrap = "/usr/local/bacula-2.4.2/var/bacula/working/
server01.bsr"
}

# Backup schedule - I pretty much launch them all at the same time and
let bacula queue them up

Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycle"
   Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
   Run = Incremental mon-sun at 23:05
}

# This schedule does the catalog. It starts after the WeeklyCycle
Schedule {
   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
   Run = Full sun-sat at 23:10
}

# Client setup (again, 15 of em)

Client {
   Name = server01-fd
   Address = server01.IP
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = "password goes here"
   File Retention = 60 days            # 60 days
   Job Retention = 2 months            # two months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

# Storage setup - I've changed the maximum volume numbers in hopes
this would fix it, but I don't entirely understand pools / volumes in
regards to backups.

# This defines the local file system for storage
Storage {
   Name = File
   Address = server01
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "password goes here"
   Device = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

# Pool definiations

Pool {
   Name = Default
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 60 days
}

Pool {
   Name = Full
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 60 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 5
   Label Format = Full-
   Maximum Volumes = 60
}

Pool {
   Name = Inc
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 30 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 5
   Label Format = Inc-
   Maximum Volumes = 350
}

Pool {
   Name = Catalog
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 60 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 5
   Label Format = Catalog-
   Maximum Volumes = 120
}

--------------- bacula-sd.conf ------------------------

Device {
   Name = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /usr/local/bacula/media
   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled
media
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = no;
}