Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal Error doing Full Backup

2008-11-12 18:11:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal Error doing Full Backup
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 00:08:19 +0100
Hello,

11.11.2008 10:00, Isabel Bermejo wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Bacula to backup servers into files (not tapes). One of the
> servers has to backup 30GB of information. It has been working fine for 2
> years but 3 weeks ago I received a Fatal Error message.
>
> Here I post a little bit of the message (it's too large):
> 10-Nov 22:40 iesa8-dir: BackupIESA4.2008-11-10_21.30.00 Fatal error:
> sql_create.c:564 sql_create.c:564 insert INSERT INTO File
> (FileIndex,JobId,PathId,FilenameId,LStat,MD5) VALUES
> (42322,10216,14961,17509,'MK EgAR IH0 B IM IM A SXHu BAA CTY BJEhK1 BCNzD+
> BFE418 A A E','0') failed:
> database is locked

I think the error message is quite clear - the database is locked.

> This message appears only when doing Full Backup. Does anyone know what is
> the problem?

That'S more interesting... Bacula itself should be well able to
serialize database accesses. Also, if this only happens for this one
job, that indicates a more serious problem.

Have you checked that the database is usable and what else happens
there while the job in question runs? You don't tell us which database
you use - with MySQL, 'mysqladmin processlist' will give you something
useful, perhaps.

> I've read it could be the amount of data I'm backing up but
> this has been working fine till 3 weeks ago. I'm using Bacula 1.38 and I
> haven't modified nothing at all because it was working fine.

1.38 is definitely no longer fully supported. I suggest you upgrade to
the current released version and see if that behaves differently. If
the error persists, you should report that, or submit a bug report
directly at bugs.bacula.org.

Arno

> Thank you
> ISABEL