Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Running different concurrent client backups to different FileStorages

2008-11-06 20:44:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Running different concurrent client backups to different FileStorages
From: Crawford Rainwater <crawford.rainwater AT linux-etc DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:16:16 -0700 (MST)
I have been trying to accomplish the following, and reviewing similar postings
as well as RTFM'ing the Bacula online documentation as well.

I have one main Bacula system (BK-1) that writes to FileStorage.  I have two
client systems (Client-1 and Client-2 to keep things simple).  What I would
like to do is have the backup jobs run concurrent and store in different
directories on the main system.

What I have tried is creating a FileStore-1 and FileStorage-2 along with
Device-1 and Device-2 all of "Type = File".  The backup jobs (Job-1 and Job-2)
will write to their respective places on the same system.

What does happen is they run one at a time, and not concurrently (i.e., Job-1
and Job-2 both fire off at 1830h, but Job-2 waits for Job-1 to complete before
executing).  The Maximum Concurrent Jobs in the bacula-dir.conf and
bacula-sd.conf are set at 20, along with both Client-1 and Client-2
bacula-fd.conf set at 20 as well, so that is not the culprit or issue
apparently.

Reviewing the Bacula manual online some, I see that the Bacula needs to "think"
there are two Device (Device-1 and Device-2 here), which has been done since
the backups have been running.  Am I missing anything else perhaps?

Thoughts and suggestions are extremely welcomed.  Also to note, I get this list
in Digest Format, so pardon any delays in responding in advance.

Thanks in advance too.