Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] slow performance copy/migrate disk to tape

2008-11-06 06:17:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] slow performance copy/migrate disk to tape
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik AT iki DOT fi>
To: Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:14:44 +0200
On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:00:19PM +0100, Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 13:38 +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 10:21:54PM +0100, Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> > >
> > > Job {
> > >   Name = "CopyDiskToTape"
> > >   Type = Copy
> > >   Client = dir-fd
> > >   Level = Full                  # must be defined, but is ignored
> > >   FileSet = "Full Set"          # must be defined, but is ignored
> > >   Pool = DiskBackup
> > >   Storage = File
> > >   Messages = Standard
> > >   Selection Type = PoolUncopiedJobs
> > >   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
> > > #  SpoolData = yes
> > > }
> > >

> > > PoolUncopiedJobs is based on an SQLQuery i posted in the devel list.
> > > i am running 2.5.17 svn at the server side
> > >

> > Btw could you post the subject of that email, or archive link to it..
> > I could't find it with some searching..
> >

> My initial posting
> [Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection
>
> Implemented by Marco van Wieringen <mvw AT planets.elm DOT net> as noted in
> [Bacula-devel] Implementation of acls and extended attributes

OK, it looks like 'PoolUncopiedJobs' Selection Type is included in 2.5 SVN
version
of Bacula, based on this email:

"[Bacula-devel] Implementation of acls and extended attributes":
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg03471.html

"- support for copy jobs that help for disk-to-disk-to-tape backups
  (implemented in bacula as the pooluncopiedjobs copy job
   which implements a SQL query first send to the bacula list by
   Ulrich Leodolter)"

Your initial posting:

"[Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection":
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg02398.html

But I'm still confused what is the exact SQL query that will be used..

Basicly I have a lot of jobs in the catalog/database, that have been ran,
but the data/files of those jobs doesn't exist anymore on the disk volumes..
because of automatic disk volume recycling.

so I need to copy only the jobs that still are on disk volumes..

I guess I should take a look at the code:)

-- Pasi